Thursday, August 11

Iced Coffee to the Rescue!

So I'm doing this crazy, "eat healthy" thing... Let's just call it what it is, DIET... and I am starving. I know better than to get myself into this situation, but I'm actually barely eating until dinner. The reason I feel this makes sense, is because staying more full during the day hasn't been working for me. I'm eating the right stuff, but I end up hungry later and out of calories. I'm tired of being hungry during dinner, and not having enough calories to fill up.

So I had 1/2 piece of salmon with some veggies for lunch. I would have had a full piece but I was running out the door. For breakfast I had 1 egg and 2 pieces of turkey sausage with coffee.

Lots of calories left for tonight, but I'm hungry and don't have many low calorie things... and then I realized I could have an iced coffee. YUM. Satisfies the sweet tooth I have, and also hypes me up for some work later in the day today. Here's the super shortcut to ice coffee. It's the 'cheaters" way, NOT the official way, but it tastes exactly the same to me!

Iced Coffee - Serves 1:
* 1 TBS instant coffee
* 1 large mug hot water (about 1-1.5 cups)
* Sugar (to taste)
* Lots of ice
* Tall glass
* Milk

Heat water and add instant coffee. Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice. Add about 1/4 C milk to the ice, and then add enough of the coffee/water mixture to fill the glass about half way. Add more milk, and then top off with more of the coffee mixture. Add sugar to taste. ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment