Monday, August 20

The Absolute Easiest Way to Clean Your Sink!

You've seen the soap, vinegar, salt, lime/lemon technique for cleaning your sink, but I'm here to tell you it's so much easier than all that! My husband and I own an eco-friendly cleaning business, and the absolute best way to clean your sink is with 2 simple ingredients.

Start with a dirty sink. Okay, I know this isn't *that* bad, but if you look near the bottom left and right, you'll see some gunk in there. 

This technique works for MUCH dirtier sinks, but after reading so many silly and involved techniques to clean sinks on pinterest this morning, I ran into the kitchen to clean mine, so that I could share it immediately. I promise this works with the nastiest of sinks!

 Like I said, we use this technique for our business, so we see it all!


 Here's what you'll need: 
Baking soda, a paper towel, and some water
Yep, that's it!


 Sprinkle on some baking soda. 

 Wet a paper towel with water, and start rubbing in circular motions. The granules in the baking soda will start scrubbing, but will break down in just enough time to prevent any scratching.

If you're having any trouble at all, wet the paper town some more. It should be pretty wet, but not so wet that you can't move the baking soda around. Just experiment with it!

Scrub until the sink feels smooth and you don't see anything else. Wet another paper towel (or rag) and use your sink sprayer to get off the excess soda. 

Dry with paper towels. 
 

 Super shiny, super clean!
The tiny scratches in my sink were there when we bought the house. Don't judge! ;)

Perfecto!!

***If you see ANY cloudy looking residue, it means you've left some baking soda on the surface. Rinse and dry until it's all gone. If you rinse well enough the first time, you won't encounter any residue. If you want to follow with any soap or vinegar you can, but I don't do this at my own home.

1 Comments:

Lux said...

Thanks for this. I almost pinned a stainless steel sink cleaning article on pinterest and then looked at it and was like, "Who has time for this!?" This is MUCH easier and it works!

Post a Comment